The Youth Sounding Board (YSB) aims to be diverse and inclusive. It will bring together a range of opinions and experiences from across age groups, areas of interest and expertise, gender, socio-economic background and countries/regions – with specific attention to the regions in which the Directorate-General for International Partnerships is active like Sub-Sahara Africa, Latin America and Caribbean, Middle East, Asia and the Pacific and the EU, including diaspora communities.
To ensure diversity, all motivated young people are welcome to apply, including those with less experience. Candidates with special needs, disabilities, in a situation of vulnerability or from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
Members of the YSB will be selected via an open call for applications. Applicants can apply either as individuals, or be nominated by a youth organisation. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed before the final selection of 25 members is confirmed. You can find out more about the application procedure in the call for candidates below.
All candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria
- be between the age of 18-30 at the end of the application period (26 April 2023)
- be available to devote at least 25 days per year to the YSB
- have a good command of English
- hold the nationality of, or be a resident in one of the eligible countries (see list below)
Applications have to be submitted in English by 23.59 (CEST) on 26 April 2023 via EUSurvey. Receipt of applications will be confirmed by email.
As we expect a high number of applications, we advise you to apply well in advance of the deadline in order to prevent potential technical issues.
The selection process will be conducted in two stages according to the following indicative timeline
- First stage: all candidates will be informed of the outcome of the first stage (shortlist) of the application at the latest by 30 May 2023
- Second stage: shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews between 1-20 June 2023
- Final results: all shortlisted candidates will be informed of the final results by 30 June 2023.
Please note :Engagement in the YSB is voluntary. However, costs related to travel and meetings will be covered and a monthly allowance for coverage of data costs will be provided.
- Youth Sounding Board – Call for Candidates 2023 – Download document
- Youth Sounding Board – Eligible Countries 2023 – Download documents
- Youth Sounding Board – FAQ 2023 – Download documents
- Youth Sounding Board – Nomination Letter 2023 – Download document
For more details and application , please visit https://international-partnerships.ec.europa.eu/
4 thoughts on “Career opportunities for young people worldwide – Join the European Commission Youth Sounding Board!”
It’s a good opportunity n am interested in taking part
Good luck in your application
This is nice
Apply as soon as possible