Chemonics seeks a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID Media and Civil Society Activity in Bangladesh. The Chief of Party will provide technical and management oversight of the activity. This position will be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Chemonics International Inc. is a US-based international development consulting company, operating in over 95 countries. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead technical assistance that supports Bangladesh civil society organizations and media actors
- Drive overall strategy and supervise teams including providing project management, operations, and financial leadership to attain the activity goals
- Lead the strategic planning of the activity, such as annual work planning, oversee implementation of workplan activities and delivery of annual targets
- Serve as the primary liaison between USAID, government counterparts, project stakeholders, implementing partners, private sector entities, and Chemonics’ project management unit
- Identify issues and risk associated with activity implementation in a timely manner and guide appropriate adjustments
- Administer the project’s financial oversight and procedures, ensuring compliance with local labor laws, USAID regulations, and Chemonics policies and procedures
- Facilitate close collaboration and teamwork, including mentorship and development of local technical and administrative staff
- Monitor project financial performance against work plan and life-of-project budgets
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as digital media and communications, international relations, political science, public administration, or law is required. Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience leading international donor-supported programs. Experience as Chief of Party or team leader is desired. Leadership experience on media and/or civil society related programs a plus
- At least 5 years of professional experience working directly with civil society, journalists, and/or media outlets to support access to information, independent media, journalism capacity building, digital media literacy, and legal and regulatory reform
- Demonstrated experience overseeing, managing, or leading monitoring and evaluation processes; previous experience managing grants under contract is a plus
- Exceptional communication skills with a proven ability to foster a cohesive and collaborative environment working with a range of program partners, including government agencies, the private sector, media outlets and associations, and civil society
- Prior experience with USAID operating procedures, regulations, and reporting requirements preferred
- Familiarity with Bangladesh’s civil society and media environment is preferred
- Experience in South Asia is required; experience in Bangladesh is preferred
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
How to apply
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached and “Chief of Party” in the subject line to BangladeshMCSrecruit@chemonics.com by December 23, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.