Job Purpose and Background:
The Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) is looking for a Customer Success Associate to provide front-line engagement with some of the world’s largest corporations and financial institutions. The SBTi receives hundreds of incoming queries from high-profile international corporations each day and is hiring a Customer Success Associate to manage, prioritize, coordinate, oversee, and respond to these incoming queries in a highly professional manner.
As a rapidly growing climate initiative, there are also significant opportunities for the Customer Success Associate to work with the rest of the Pipeline & Support team to develop new processes, introduce innovations to the SBTi’s query management system, and be entrepreneurial in addressing customer success. This role will report to the Customer Success Senior Manager and will coordinate closely with all teams across the SBTi. Roughly 70% of the time will be spent addressing incoming queries, 20% on process improvement within the customer success function, and 10% industry training and knowledge development.
The ideal candidate is a skilled written and verbal communicator with a passion for customer support. You are a proactive and self-motivated learner who enjoys working in a remote, international team. You are comfortable in client-facing roles, using digital tools, and following up with senior team members to deliver efficient customer responses.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage official SBTi inboxes to prioritize, triage, respond and/or assign team members to respond based on content of incoming query;
- Respond to questions from customers and other stakeholders swiftly and professionally;
- Monitor queries assigned to other team members and ensure swift resolution on the part of team members;
- Maintain and update internal and external documentation of responses to frequently asked questions;
- Maintain and update internal process documentation for query assignment and communication between teams;
- Coordinate with worldwide cross-functional teams to improve customer satisfaction and shorten query response times;
- Assist in development and maintenance of digital Knowledge Base;
- Play a key role in the transition to automated operational processes, such as the CRM and ticketing software;
- Proactively research, pitch, and implement process innovations to improve customer success function within the SBTi;
- Continuously learn to up-skill on technical knowledge and SBTi guidance roll-outs;
- Willingness and flexibility to contribute outside of specifically stated responsibilities as necessary to meet demands of the growing organization.
Essential skills and experience needed:
- 1+ years relevant work experience in customer-facing roles
- Experience in customer service and responsibilities that required high attention to detail
- Passion for direct customer support and advocating for customers’ needs
- Exceptional digital communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to follow up on multiple tasks diligently
- Medium to advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
- Process-oriented and fast learner
- Proactive and independent
- Advanced written and oral English skills
- General availability until at least 7pm local time, to interact with international team
- Prior experience working in a newly-formed customer success/support function or passion for building processes from the ground up
- University degree in business, communications, sales, or similar field
- Prior experience with CRM systems
- Data entry and processing skills
- Experience in international, virtual workplaces
- Experience working in an NGO
This is a full-time role based in Berlin. The salary for this role will be dependent on location and level of experience. This role is a fixed-term contract for 12 months with the possibility of extension. Applicants must be eligible to work in the location applied for, the SBTi cannot sponsor working visas.
What we offer:
- Working in one of the most successful and fastest-growing initiatives driving climate action;
- Exciting and challenging tasks in a dynamic, international, innovative, and highly motivated team;
- Competitive NGO salary;
- Attractive holidays to be determined based on location