Who are we?
DanChurchAid (DCA) is a Danish humanitarian, non-government, and non-profit organisation, inclusive to everyone irrespective of their faith, beliefs, or customs. DCA has been working in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) since 2004. DCA has its main office in Goma, North Kivu, and established field offices in various areas of the DRC. The DCA country programme in DRC is implementing various humanitarian interventions, including humanitarian mine action, gender-based violence prevention, protection, education in emergencies, cash programming, and conflict prevention and peacebuilding. The DRC programme employs 80 national and five international staff.
About the job
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for highly motivated and qualified individual for the role of communication and reporting officer to contribute to the attainment of the DCA DRC Country Programme objectives. The position will be based in Goma, DR Congo, with travels to the field depending on the security situation.
The main functions of the communication and reporting officer are to support the Head of Programmes in overseeing the management of all DCA grants, lead the communication efforts in the DRC programme, ensure timely reporting and donor compliance, increase, and diversify current funding, and support in conducting needs assessment and data analysis of projects.
Under the supervision of the Head of Programmes and in collaboration with the advisors in Copenhagen, the officer is responsible for providing support with:
- Work with Senior Management colleagues and GPRM (HA) to ensure appropriate grants management of international funded projects, including ensuring the quality and timely submission of donor reports in collaboration with DCA colleagues.
- Work with Senior Management Team colleagues and GPRM (HQ) Advisor in developing new project proposals.
- Assisting Head of Programmes and Country Director in building relations and increase visibility of DCA among both donors, partners, INGOs and other key stakeholders.
- Ensuring that all funded projects meet the visibility and communication requirements of the funding agency.
- Writing monthly stories for DCA’s media and communications department to be shared on various platforms, including social media and websites.
- Providing support to the development of the new DCA Country Programme in the DRC.
- Ensuring constructive and close collaboration with relevant units and colleagues in DCA, both in DRC and in Headquarters.
- Actively participating in relevant cluster coordination meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
To be successful in this role the ideal candidate:
- Is fluent in French and English.
- Has a master’s degree in political science, international development, or other related sciences as well as some years of working experience (but not more than 4), preferably internationally.
- Is experienced with working for an international humanitarian organization.
- Has knowledge of grant management of international donors, e.g., EU, ECHO, Danida, US agencies, UN agencies and other institutional donors.
- Has good interpersonal- and communication skills with experience in engaging with people of different cultures and backgrounds, including cultural awareness and ability to build relationships quickly with a wide variety of people being mindful of the high-risk settings.
- Has solid skills in media and communication work.
- Is flexible, pro-active, self-motivated, and good at coordinating and organising own work as well as that of the team, while managing several processes at a time. This should be combined with a strong attention to detail.
- Has knowledge of DCA’s programmatic areas is an advantage.
DCA will offer the successful applicant a 12-month communication and reporting officer contract according to the DCA staff handbook. A competitive package for salary, allowances and benefits is offered. There is a possibility of prolongation, dependent on both funding and performance.
Deadline for applications is 10th of May 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the closing date. We expect the person to be ready to deploy to Goma around 1st of June 2023. Prior to deploying to Goma, the candidate will have to complete security training. To apply click the apply button below.
Salary and conditions will be approx. DKK 34,000.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, abilities, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us. Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy.