The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This position will sit within the Marketing Technology department. Marketing Technology is responsible for the enterprise supporter management platforms that support the global delivery of private sector resources, as well as the key partnerships, advocacy and influence objectives of the External Relations, Communications and Advocacy departments. These platforms also play an important strategic role in the creation of brand, its awareness and support for fundraising and advocacy goals. The platforms include the Enterprise CRM platform, various donation platforms, the global website and email communications platforms.
The Database Integrations Developer performs hands-on technical implementation, with a focus on delivering functional solutions on SQL platform for Salesforce.com and relational databases. The developer takes a lead role in the design, implementation, deployment, and documentation of projects that leverage the Salesforce.com, ETL, and SQL toolset.
Drawing on the technical skills, critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity, the developer implements new solutions and/or troubleshoot issues. They are a dynamic, self-motivated, and technical savvy to inspire and provide technical edge to business users and department to meet their goals.
- Identify, analyze, and develop interfaces, integrations and automation flows using Mulesoft and PostgreSQL
- Experience managing automations that connect with one or more data-warehouses (relational and non-relational databases) and solutions for CRM (Salesforce)
- Responsible for programming the integration and automation logic using related tools and frameworks, reviewing code written by other programmers, requirement gathering, bug fixing, testing, documenting and implementation.
- Develop solutions by designing system specifications, standards, and programming
- Need a strong technical background in integration middleware and engineering technologies.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for solution architecture that will include configuration, development, integration, automation, and customization of complex environments
- Suggest improvements and optimizations on the Heroku and Mulesoft platform and implement them
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Director, Marketing Technology
- Bachelor’s degree within Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or equivalent;
- At least 7+ years of SQL experience implementing service-oriented architecture (SOA) and enterprise application integration (EAI)
- Experience with DBAmp
- 7+ years of MSSQL and PostgreSQL experience
- 5+ years Excel VBA experience
- 5+ years of integrations (API and Database) experience
- A minimum 5+ years of professional work experience CRM and Relations databases (non-profit experience a plus) and IT delivery, IT services, and professional services environments.
- Experience in ETL Design sessions with the team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with team members, internal customer, high-level staff and external vendors, strong customer service orientation, good writing skills, ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical audience.
Preferred Additional Qualification
- Experience with web services or application programming interfaces is a great plus.
- Experience in implementing fundraising applications for non-profit organizations.
- Experience in working effectively with an Agile delivery model.
- Experience in implementing business intelligence and data warehouse solutions.
- Experience with Heroku Connect.
- Experience with Salesforce NPSP
- Experience with Mulesoft
- Proficient with SOQL, JSON for data manipulation and complex custom reports.
A collegiate environment working collaboratively across IT and broader IRC. Strong sense of transparency and accountability to ensure we are doing right by our beneficiaries and donors, exemplifying the IRC Way.
NYC based with opportunities for flexibility working arrangements.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC et les employés de IRC doivent adhérer aux valeurs et principes contenus dans le IRC WAY (normes de conduite professionnelle). Ce sont l’Intégrité, le Service, et la Responsabilité. En conformité avec ces valeurs, IRC opère et fait respecter les politiques sur la protection des bénéficiaires contre l’exploitation et les abus, la protection de l’enfant, le harcèlement sur les lieux de travail, l’intégrité financière, et les représailles.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.