Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is seeking a Senior Finance Assistant who will be dedicated to supporting our flagship EdTech Hub Programme.
About the EdTech programme
R4D is the prime contractor for the FCDO Directorate for Research and Innovation Hub on Technology for Education (EdTech Hub) programme. The aim of the EDTech Hub is to empower people by giving them the evidence they need to make decisions about technology in education as part of a global non-profit partnership focusing on research, innovation and engagement.
EdTech Hub is a global research partnership that aims to empower people by giving them the evidence they need to make decisions about technology in education. EdTech Hub:
– Undertakes and funds robust and rigorous research in five key topic areas
– Delivers support in up to six core countries to develop and deliver Sandboxes to learn about technology in education in a specific environment
– Delivers Technical Advice and Helpdesk support to FCDO, UNICEF, and World Bank advisors as well as government officials on technology in education
– Functions as a Hub and shares a range of Learning Products to make evidence available to a wide audience.
EdTech Hub is delivered through a consortium of R4D and five core sub-contractors as well as a range of country and activity-specific local and international sub-contractors. From a management perspective, it is a complex programme funded by multiple donors including various departments within the FCDO, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the World Bank and UNICEF. Ed Tech Hub is in the 4th year of an anticipated 8 year funding period, with a secured budget of £24M and a projected total life budget of at least £30M.
A core role within the Hub Central Services team has become available. The EdTech Hub Senior Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Manager for the Hub in managing the end-to-end invoice processing cycle. This includes tracking all Hub related vendor invoices from point of receipt to when payment is released by R4D finance colleagues based at HQ in the US.
The right person will have experience in the Accounts Payable function, including a Purchase Order based process, and ideally in a restricted funded donor programmes environment. The candidate should be able to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment with a solutions-based approach and a sense of urgency to their work. The successful candidate will have good interpersonal skills and must be able to work well within a large team.
This position is home based in the UK and will report to the EdTech Hub Finance Manager. Periodic travel to an office in London for meetings could be required. Candidates must have the legal right to work in the UK.
While the role is full time, requests for flexible working will be considered. The Hub Senior Finance Assistant is required to liaise with colleagues in Hub countries and in the US, which might on occasion require attending meeting before 9pm or after 5pm.
The salary will be circa £23k – £29k per annum with 25 days annual leave and pension contributions.
Invoice tracking, processing, and payment
- Take full responsibility of complete invoice processing cycle for EdTech Hub.
- Administer Hub invoice inbox.
- Support the Hub Finance Manager in developing and implementing Hub-wide invoice tracking tool.
- Log all invoices received on tracking tool.
- Process invoices on R4D ERP system (JAMIS), ensuring QA undertaken, approval obtained, and queries resolved prior to processing.
- Generate weekly Aged Creditors report, review report with Hub Finance Manager and highlight priority payments to R4D Accounts Payable (AP) team for inclusion on weekly payment cycle.
- Support the Hub Contracts, Compliance and Procurement Officer in tracking PO balances and timely processing of PO’s/PO amendments to JAMIS.
- Engage regularly with R4D AP team to address queries and to ensure invoices are approved for payment to meet agreed contractual terms of vendor payments.
- Act as focal point for all vendor related queries.
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management
- Relevant professional qualification
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrable experience operating with an org-wide ERP system.
- Knowledge of accounting and financial transactions and related impact on project and overall organization’s annual operating plan.
- Advanced Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Able to work independently in a fast-changing environment, taking initiative and balancing competing demands
- Excellent oral and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present financial data to technical staff
- Able to work well with a wide range of team members from diverse professional and personal backgrounds
- High level of organization, attention to detail, professionalism, and reliability
How to apply
Please click here to apply.