- Respond to ICT user requests and coordinate in the management of the user helpdesk.
- Set-up of ICT equipment (laptops and phones) for new staff and when new equipment is purchased or during computer replacements.
- Troubleshoot problems, hardware components, desktop operating system software, and application software.
- Carry out preventive maintenance of hardware equipment including cleaning of equipment.
- Setting up and supporting teleconference & video conference meetings and administration of virtual tools used by the fund. This includes happy hours and staff meetings recordings.
- Monitor backup systems and procedures and conducting backups for staff.
- Install, monitor, and perform updates for the antivirus software.
- Update the ICT equipment inventory and ICT record-keeping.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software.
- Creating and maintaining procedures and tools for correct recording and progress of IT
- Perform minor repairs to equipment and arrange for other servicing needs.
- Assists in the installation of commercial and in-house software and related upgrades.
- Develop and provide user training for basic hardware and software use.
- Provide support in developing tools, Work with Microsoft Office and SharePoint platform.
- Maintain a detailed inventory of all UAF-Africa ICT assets issued to all staff, interns, and consultancy.
- Perform other tasks within projects as assigned.
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent qualification.
- French Language skills an advantage.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years relevant experience for degree holders and (2-3) years relevant experience for diploma holders.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on the African continent and beyond as and when required.
- An understanding of gender equality and womn’s rights issues, particularly in politically unstable and post conflict African settings.
- Familiarity with the womn’s rights development needs in Africa.
- Passionate about UAF-Africa’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving.
- results and building effective teams.
- Excellent inter-personal, public speaking, writing and negotiation skills.
- Understanding of Computer (laptop/desktop), hardware and software, Microsoft Office suite, MacOS and Windows.
- Experience working in a virtual work environment an added advantage.
UAF-Africa is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring practices. UAF-Africa actively seeks a diverse applicant pool to build the most robust possible workforce. The Fund is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. The position will be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
How to apply
How to Apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the UAF-Africa website & apply for this role using the below link:
No phone calls, please.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about UAF-Africa and our programs, please visit our website at http://www.uaf-africa.org/.