NRC Uganda is looking for a skilled IT professional to fill in the gap of an ICT Officer at their country office in Bugolobi. If this call matches your career aspirations, send in that application, now.
Only Ugandan nationals are eligible and qualified female professionals are encouraged to apply.
- Enforce maintenance schedule as per established routines both internally and with external service provider where applicable.
- Ensure quarterly site visits to field offices to troubleshoot issues and maintain equipment and networks are adhered to and reliably carried out
- Work with budget holders to ensure that hardware replacement policy is adequately planned and budgeted for during Master Budget Preparation.
- Ensure that only standardized equipment is purchased and the number of brands/ models in circulation are limited to the extent possible
- Ensure that machine images are kept up to date (minimum every 6 months) with the essential software suites required.
- System administration
- Cisco Meraki dashboard
- O365/ sharepoint administration
- Agresso user substitutions
- FreshService ticketing
- Monitor LAN and subsequent WAN bandwidth usage and advice management on LAN/WAN improvement
- Ensure only standard NRC networking equipment is used on all office networks (Cisco Meraki stack)
- Work with the Internet Service Providers to troubleshoot issues and ensure network reliability in line with NRC requirements for available bandwidth per user
- Carry out regular maintenance for VSAT equipment’s in conjunction with the Internet Service Providers
- User support
- Direct all support queries via the ticketing system and ensure timely feedback is provided to the end users.
- Monitor the performance of the support provided
- Management of Vendor Services
- Work with vendors to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Request and evaluate services with vendors and service providers.
- Work with ISP and other outside vendors to ensure dependable operations.
- Work with vendors and vendor supplied systems to track service requests through to completion.
- Develop and maintain country level Standard Operating Procedures
- Deliver quarterly training sessions over Zoom to deal with common issues.
- B.Sc. Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- 5 years of experience is required preferably in INGO.
- Certification in ITIL V3 and above will be an added advantage.
- Fluency in English.