The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) works worldwide to provide humanitarian assistance to people affected by conflict and armed violence. We take action in response to emergencies and at the same time promote respect for international humanitarian law. We are an independent and neutral organization, and our mandate stems essentially from the Geneva Conventions of 1949. We work closely with National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and with their International Federation in order to ensure a concerted, rational and rapid humanitarian response to the needs of the victims of armed conflict or any other situation of internal violence. We direct and coordinate the international activities conducted in these situations.
Purpose of the position
The Talent Attraction traineeship position is there to contribute in the field of talent attraction and employer branding: we need your help here to embrace our online presence and walk with us further into the digital future. The post holder should also support the team in the production of data and metrics and contribute to the branding and communication efforts in order to position the ICRC as an employer of choice within the humanitarian sector.
Reports to (role)
The position reports to the Global Talent Attraction Coordinator.
Accountabilities & Functional responsibilities
- Social Media Management (with a focus on LinkedIn, but not limited to.): create content, community management and contribute to the communications strategy in cooperation with the relevant Talent Attraction Officer.
- Publish job ads on external channels.
- Website management: update, lead the career section of the website and build content.
- Using design tools such as Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, but not limited to) to build digital content to support the activities of the Talent Attraction team.
- Draft and edit articles for use on our public and internal channels.
- Design and regularly update the introduction page of the Talent Attraction service on the Intranet (ICRC internal platform).
Metrics / Reporting
- Analyze, interpret and produce regular reports on LinkedIn campaigns (engagement rate; audience analysis etc.).
- Analyze, interpret and report data from our Career website to support our website monitoring and digital strategy.
- Systematically keep track of all documents relevant to Talent Attraction.
- Build new information management processes if required in view of facilitating access to key information to colleagues in the field.
Ad hoc support
- Provide ad hoc logistical support to the global Talent Attraction team.
Certifications / Education required
A University degree in marketing, communications or relevant field.
- Excellent command of English.
- Additional language skills (French, Arabic, Russian, Portuguese and/or Spanish) an asset.
Professional Experience required
- A first experience in either branding, Talent Attraction or Digital Communications.
- At least one initial experience in the field of data production and consequent analysis.
- No more than one year of paid professional experience after the last studies.
Desired profile and skills
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work.
- Have a sound knowledge of crafting and handling social media content.
- Excellent communication and writing skills coupled to a strong team spirit.
- Ability to take initiative and deliver rapidly.
- Autonomy and shown organisational skills.
What we offer
- An opportunity to build an impact and collaborate with a global, diverse and innovative team
- Rewarding work in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Attractive social benefits (paid traineeship)
- Type of position: Traineeship
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Relocation: Not provided for traineeships
- Visa/permit: Legitimacy card provided
- Gross monthly salary: 3,840.00 CHF
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: 15.05.2023
- Application deadline: 19.03.2023