Why Tetra Tech International Development?
As a leading global development consulting firm, our purpose is to contribute to a world where people, communities and the planet thrive.
Tetra Tech International Development works with governments, businesses and NGOs to solve complex development challenges. Our dedicated team helps partners including DFAT, USAID and the Asian Development Bank to deliver effective and sustainable projects in more than 80 countries around the world.
- Australia’s largest and most significant infrastructure investment in the Pacific.
- Part-time (3 days/week), 24-month contract.
- Home based, Australia. Canberra or Sydney preferred.
The Australian Infrastructure Financing Facility for the Pacific (AIFFP) is Australia’s largest and most significant infrastructure investment in the Pacific. This $2 billion infrastructure initiative is actively engaging with countries in the region to significantly boost Australia’s support for infrastructure development in Pacific countries and Timor Leste. The Facility uses grant funding combined with loans to support the development of high priority, quality infrastructure. The AIFFP Support Unit is to provide services to the AIFFP.
The AIFFP has three high level outcomes:
1. Pacific countries have increased access to capital to support quality, resilient and inclusive economic infrastructure.
2. Australia delivers infrastructure financing that meets the development needs of Pacific countries; and
3. Australia is the partner of choice for financing infrastructure in the Pacific.
Financing partners are firm that the design, build and operations phase of projects deliver local content benefits. This includes local jobs for communities, tradespeople and skilled professionals; tender opportunities for local companies and suppliers; enhancing skills of the local workforce to take up these opportunities and increase the available supply and quality of local resources.
Some key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of AIFFP’s strategic approach to local content across the entire infrastructure project cycle
- Developing policies, strategies and operational guidance to implement AIFFP’s local content objectives
- Strengthening capacity of AIFFP and financing partners to develop gender equal and socially inclusive job creation strategies and market-oriented industry upskilling strategies
- Advising, supporting and guiding AIFFP’s Investment Team and other AIFFP specialists from the Support Unit to integrate local content considerations at each step in the project cycle. The PersonThe successful candidate would possess:
- Understanding of the infrastructure labour markets and skills in demand across key infrastructure sectors and the infrastructure cycle (design, implementation, maintenance)
- Experience in conducting labour market demand and supply studies, labour market surveys, industry capability and training needs analysis or other relevant economic analyses in key infrastructure sectors
- Understanding of and experience in developing local content policy, strategies and program instruments, including local procurement and other contracting arrangements to facilitate local content outcomes
- Knowledge and experience with infrastructure procurement processes, developing documentation and contracting approaches
- Experience in the Pacific.
How to apply
How to Apply
Please note that applications will only be accepted via the Tetra Tech International Development Website. To apply for this position please click on ‘apply now’ and complete the online application process.
For any enquiries, please contact IDEV.HRServices@tetratech.com and quote the job reference number 499925.
Applications close: Sunday 27 November 2022 @11.55pm (AESDT)