Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world — government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators — to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversity—of ideas, identities, perspectives and backgrounds—is vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
R4D is a growing organization with new funders, awards, and a growing global presence. We are seeking a self-motivated, strategic, and creative individual to lead our grants and contracts team as Manager of Grants & Contracts (G&C).
Previous experience supervising GRANTS AND CONTRACTS, overseeing a portfolio of projects with responsibility for agreement-level financial management and deliverables (such as financial reports) developing and managing budgets, strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to think creatively and strategically about how to improve organizational systems and practices required to effectively support programs team with GRANTS AND CONTRACTS functions.
R4D has an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Grants & Contracts to oversee the day-to-day performance of our grants and contracts team for about 50% and spend the other 50% of your time managing an assigned portfolio of projects. This role will engage deeply in pre- and post-award activities with Program Teams, as well as provide leadership and mentorship to finance colleagues.
This position will report to the Director of Grants and Contracts Administration. The role is remote and will require safe and suitable working accommodation from home.
Program Portfolio Management
- Manage the Grants and Contracts team on day-to-day activities, performance, and key deliverables.
- Manage the assigned portfolio of GRANTS AND CONTRACTS and represent and liaise with program counterparts on behalf of the finance team
- Collaborate with program staff during proposal submission, and review grant applications to ensure compliance with guidelines, policies, and financial goals of R4D
- Provide financial forecasting to ensure program team coverage, accurate financial spend down, and future fundraising needs
- Support project start-ups and project ending including setting up projects in the ERP system, setting up project files, and setting up project budgets or other templates needed for project management
- Prepare financial reports/invoices for funders and as needed, interface with funders on financial matters
- Provide close-out analysis and other related financial & compliance documents required by the funder
- Advise on compliance with grant agreement and program objectives
- Prepare financial analysis, what if’s, and other ad hoc requests
- Support Programs in budgeting and planning for subawards at the proposal stage
- Support and advise Program teams on matters relating to issuing sub-awards.
- Perform subaward (grant or contract) risk analysis, prepare monitoring and or capacity building plan and oversee plan throughout the sub-award period of performance
- Perform desk audits of sub-award invoices and financial requests
- Interface in a professional and respectful manner with all subs to resolve any invoicing questions
Other Management Responsibilities
- Develop or support the development of training and policy documents in collaboration with the Finance team leaders to ensure org-wide understanding of grants and contracts compliance and sub-award monitoring and management
- Resolve all work-related problems promptly, and use good judgment in escalating important issues
- Monitor applicable federal regulations for changes and updates to prime and sub-awards
- Update knowledge, and keep abreast of current and proposed work-related legislation
- Share knowledge with staff, and provide financial training to new hires, and other employees as needed
- Act as back-up to the Director of Grants Administration and grants staff as needed
- Participates fully as a member of R4D by contributing, assisting and participating in projects, activities, and initiatives as requested by management.
- 7+ years prior experience working in similar roles at an international NGO
- 2+ years of experience overseeing Grants and Contracts.
- Experience working with government grants and contracting rules and regulations, particularly USAID, FCDO, UN, and/or Gates, and/or previous experience with major funders to enable quick learning of R4D’s funders’ requirements
- High proficiency with excel data dumps, data manipulation, pivot tables, vlook-ups
- Demonstrated experience managing the organizational process and or tools
- Bachelor’s or MA in finance, accounting, or business preferred
- Strong financial analysis capability
- Understanding of project management/project delivery concepts and tools
- Ability to translate financial concepts to non-financial project managers verbally and through the effective graphic presentation of data
- Exposure to ERP accounting and business management software, such as Cost Point Deltek or Jamis Prime
- Experience developing and leading team training
- Communication skills and strong interpersonal skills such as customer service, professionalism, a calm and practical approach to resolving conflict
How to apply
Please click here to apply.