About the Organisation:
Founded in 1993, Blossom Trust is a grassroots NGO based in the district of Virudhunagar, Tamil Nadu, India. With the initial focus on the social and economic empowerment of underprivileged women and a safe and nurturing space for vulnerable children, over time, we have committed to creating a strong foundation for sustainable community ownership. We believe that women have the capabilities to build resilient communities as the pillars of development; therefore, we strongly invest in the empowerment of these women through three main activities. Firstly, by establishing community-based organizations and networks which are primarily women-led. This allows collective action and collaboration to be at the forefront of our interventions, with higher success. Secondly, through advocacy and awareness-raising, we strongly believe that everyone has the right to access information. Knowledge empowerment plays a profound role in community development and allows women in the community to make well-informed decisions for themselves and their households. Thirdly, we train and invest in women to develop their skills allowing them to thrive further. Finally, towards the protection and nurturing of young minds, Blossom also operates Dayspring Children’s Home which houses and educates children struggling with TB and HIV/AIDS and/or come from vulnerable households. With our vision, mission and Theory of Change in mind, we have a strong commitment towards women empowerment and community development.
Find out more about our projects on our website: https://www.blossomtrust.org
About the role:
The Office Coordinator is responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the organization through the Executive Director. This position will actively manage the organizational schedule, handle internal and external executive-level communications, and coordinate special projects and events. This position is full-time and onsite. Accommodation, 2 meals per day and a pocket money of 5.000 INR per month is provided.
- Technology-competent and/or willing and able to learn new tools.
- Have an exceptional ability to see ten steps ahead, anticipating and heading off issues before they become problems.
- Highly skilled at prioritizing ED’s tasks and effectively communicating changing priorities on a daily basis.
- Problem solver! Plans, strategies, and schedules change: You react quickly, are resilient, and take the initiative to find the best alternatives when these changes arise.
- Independent: self-directed and able to get the job done; ensure the ED is on track.
- Proactive: you take initiative in improving processes; you’re always thinking ahead.
- To provide administrative services including diary management, booking meetings, planning events, organizing travel and preparing travel itineraries.
- To manage ED’s schedule: schedule meetings and ensure the ED is prepared for important meetings.
- To ensure the busy schedule of the Executive Director is run smoothly and efficiently.
- Arrange travel, prepare expense reports, and handle other administrative tasks.
- Assist with administering the organization’s travel policy: follow up on travel approvals and expenses and help manage the budget.
- Assist with reports, presentations, meetings and follow ups with/for major donors and funding agencies.
- Upon request, to prioritize emails and respond where appropriate, manage the e-mail boxes and communication on behalf of the Executive Director and maintain official correspondence.
- To provide administrative support in the delivery of assignments and initiatives on behalf of the Executive Director’s office as and when required
- To ensure all correspondence and relevant materials are produced in a timely and accurate manner.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Be personable with strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, re-prioritize on a daily basis, and meet deadlines
- Be highly organized with exceptional planning skills
- Able to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Take initiative in completing assignments, solving problems, and seeking solutions.
How to apply
Please send a CV along with a Cover Letter explaining your interest in the position, your relevant experience, and your intended period of stay to email@example.com.
Closing position ** 10 December **. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply early.