The OEC: The Organisation of Educational Cooperation (OEC) is an international intergovernmental organisation, founded in January 2020 by countries from across the Global South, to “contribute to the equitable, just, and prosperous social transformation of societies by promoting balanced and inclusive education, in order to attain the fundamental rights to liberty, justice, dignity, sustainability, social cohesion, and material and immaterial security for the peoples of the world”.
The main functions of the Executive Office of the Secretary General (EOSG) are to:
- Act as an interface for Departments, Bureaus, and external stakeholders;
- Ensure the required follow-up on the Secretary-General’s instructions;
- Assist in the strategic coordination and oversight of the OEC’s activities and operations;
- Facilitate the Secretary-General’s decision-making by enabling a smooth and timely flow of relevant information and undertaking research required by the Secretary-General;
- Ensure effective communication channels between the Secretary-General, Member States, Associate Members, and external stakeholders;
- Organise and coordinate the Secretary-General’s work agenda, official travels, working visits, and public engagements.
Personal Assistant to the Secretary-General
Headquarters (Addis Ababa, Ethiopia)
Category and Level
T2, Step I (entry-level technical post)
Under the authority and direct supervision of the Secretary-General, and in close collaboration with the Head of Office, the Personal Assistant is responsible for providing the Secretary-General with diary, administrative, and secretarial support. In particular, the Personal Assistant is in charge of drafting and managing correspondence, phone calls, and organising meetings and appointment. This position provides the unique opportunity of joining the team of a new international organisation, contributing to its lasting construction and influencing its future trajectory.
- Organise, plan, and manage the diary of the Secretary-General, prioritising the Secretary-General’s time for the most important meetings and activities ;
- Prepare, when required, and ensure that the Secretary-General receives all briefings, papers, and other documents in a timely manner for his engagements;
- Coordinate and organise the arrangements for the Secretary-General’s travels;
- Attend meetings and relevant functions in a support role to the Secretary-General, taking notes and minutes as required;
- Manage in a prompt and efficient manner, with tact and professionalism, incoming mail, phone calls and other communications, bringing to the attention of the Secretary-General any urgent matters;
- Draft correspondence, briefings, and presentations for the Secretary-General;
- Organise and maintain the Secretary-General’s files and archives;
- Maintain the Secretary-General’s contact database;
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Strong, proven analytical skills ;
- High attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and cross-cultural communication skills with a proven track record;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong methodical, systemic, and strategic thinking skills;
- Ability to operate sensitively and effectively in a multicultural environment and deal with cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Highest levels of discretion, tact, and professionalism ;
- Ability to compartmentalise confidential information;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner;
- Strong efficiency and speed, whilst maintaining the highest professional standards and consistent accuracy;
- Ability to withstand and work effectively within stressful situations.
- At least 3 years of work experience in a secretarial and/or administrative position within a multicultural environment;
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in literature, philosophy, social sciences or other related fields.
Candidate must be fluent in English and at least one additional official language (French, Arabic, Spanish).
How to apply
All applications must be sent to HRE@OEC-OCE.ORG and must include:
- Subject line: “EOSG PA – Application”
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Motivation
- Any other relevant information