DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
Manager position with the DT Global Public Finance Management (PFM) team, focused on fiduciary and procurement services provided to donor clients or directly to government entities in developing countries. Areas of work will include:
- Project Management: Multiple project planning and management; develop and monitor project budgets; manage the performance of project teams; develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and project teams; and ensure project teams comply with contractual obligations.
- Technical Assignments: provide technical assistance in public procurement and financial management; conduct assessments of institutional capacity; and review deliverables.
- Business Development: proactively identify new opportunities, conduct research, and gather information; identify appropriate staff and consultants; manage the proposal process; and write sections of proposals.
This ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, organized, and detail-oriented individual who has a passion for improving peoples’ lives and an eagerness to learn all aspects of international development consulting.
- MBA, or advanced degree in public administration, finance or relevant field required
- 8 years of professional experience is required. 5+ years of experience in business development, and project planning and management including prior operational experience in developing countries. Prior experience required in business development and management of MCC funded projects and/or projects funded by multilateral donors. Experience with Global Fund and/or Gavi highly preferred)
- Strong skills in public financial management. Knowledge of public procurement would be a plus
- Professional certification related to financial management or risk management strongly preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to work with high level of government and donor officials, partners and technical experts, and ability to present information in an effective manner
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and in client-relationship management and partner coordination
- Ability to manage several simultaneous projects/activities with tight deadlines–a structured and well-organized approach to tasks is therefore essential
- Fluency in English and working proficiency in French.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook required. Prior experience with automated financial management systems would be a plus
- Able to undertake significant travel responsibilities outside the U.S. (at least 20%)
DT Global Core Competencies:
- Teamwork: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment
- Communication: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally Demonstrates effective use of skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts
- Adaptability: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment
- Customer/Client Focused: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner
- Diversity & Inclusion: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly
- Professionalism: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.