Name of the position : Regional Information & Communication Technologies for Development (ICT4D) Technical Advisor– Asia
Location : India preffered Delhi (Home Based)
Job type : National Contract Full time
No. of Vacancy : 1 (One)
Closing date of application : 07 December 2022
About the Organisation:
Terre des hommes is an independent, neutral and impartial Swiss organization founded in 1960, dedicated to bringing significant and lasting change in the lives of children and young people, especially those most at risk. We ensure their well-being and the effective implementation of their rights as defined in the Convention on the Rights of the Child and other human rights instruments. To make a difference, we focus our efforts in the areas of maternal and child health, children and youth in migration situations, and access to justice. We encourage the active participation of children and youth in order to foster their empowerment. We advocate for the respect of their rights and support them in expressing their needs and interests. We work in fragile contexts and conflict zones, as well as in more stable environments.
About the Position:
ICT4D stands for Information and Communication Technologies for Development. The activity was established in 2017 with the objective to support Tdh programs and delegations improve their interventions through the use of technologies. These technologies could range from simple SMS-based reminders for social services to high-end analytics of large volumes of data to evaluate resource-effectiveness of existing interventions and guide further interventions.
- Provide advice & leadership on the development and use of ICT to support programmes and delegations in countries of the Synergy and MENA portfolios of Terre des hommes, encompassing countries in Asia, Europe Latin America and Middle East and North Africa where Tdh implements interventions related to child health, water and sanitation, protection, access to justice and migration.
- Identify and promote quality and relevant ICT components within programmes and delegations for the organization’s needs in the Synergy and MENA portfolio – this could be proactive (integrating digital technologies into the design of the programmes) or reactive (advising Delegations on how digital technologies can augment the reach and effectiveness of their programmes being implemented).
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of the Tdh strategy and contribute to develop internal and external ICT-related dynamics in Tdh.
- Directly manage ICT components where necessary in support of project / programme delivery.
Reporting: Reports to Head of Sector -ICT for Development Strategist
Duration of assignment: Initially for 1 year (Renewable based on the performance and organization’s requirement). Probation period is 3 months from date of joining.
Starting date: 1st Feb 2023, preferred
- Provide methodological and technical support / guidance on the design, implementation and use of ICT in support of programme and delegation delivery.
- Keep up with the state of the art on ICT4D and use this to inform support and guidance within Tdh.
- Help build capacity of the Region’s country teams by organizing training modules, webinars, exchange of good practices and dissemination of relevant literature.
- Help strengthen four-way link between HQ ICT4D unit, programmes, country delegations and regional offices
- Contribute to the dynamics of the Tdh ICT4D team through communication and collaboration with other ICT4D Regional Technical Advisors.
- Promote and maintain a global awareness of ICT for development (going beyond his/her own projects) and create a culture of critical reflection on the use of ICT within Tdh programmes.
- Contribute to updating our understanding of the landscape of ICT4D the geographic zones, identify funding opportunities and main stakeholders. Explore collaborations with critical stakeholders like public authorities.
- Contribute to the design and drafting of project proposals and concept notes in the regions as and when required.
- Ensure the coherence of all ICT4D initiatives at regional level and support related learning processes.
- Contribute to the dissemination of the projects’ outcomes in journals and conferences
- Help Tdh strengthen its position within regional networks around ICT4D with existing regional partnerships, networks, centers of expertise, academia and research, industry, etc.
This role requires a mastery of Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC), Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) and Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC)
- Manages time and priorities, meets deadlines and is punctual
- Is able to adapt the leadership style to each person and each situation
Personal, Social and Leadership Competencies (PSLC) include competencies in:
- Effective Communication
Active listening, understanding and responding to stakeholders; proper use of key channels of communication; ensures the quality of the information that is communicated; tailors the information to the audience, effective use of each of the different communication dimensions.
Implementation of the programme vision, establishes the programme direction, recognizes interdependencies within programme, assuming ownership of the programme.
- Building Relationship
Building trust among stakeholders, partners and team members; advocate for diversity and treats others with courtesy and respect; establishes and demonstrates high standards for personal and team members; promotes and demonstrates ethics, integrity and adherence to organisational values in all interactions.
Obtains needed programme resources; ensures programme alignment with organisational strategy; promotes overall stakeholder support.
- Critical thinking in decision making
Ongoing analysis of issues, gaps, trends; application of fact-based decision making to current and prospective issues; constructively challenges common belief assumptions etc.
Plans for success at the start of programme; ensures team cohesiveness; explores solutions to problems in a participatory approach.
Supports mentoring for all team members; supports individual and team development action; acknowledges and recognizes accomplishment of individual and teams.
- Embracing Change
Facilitates an environment receptive to change; influences factors that may result in change.
plans for change and its potential impact; manages and deals with change when they occur.
Technical and Methodological Competencies (TMC) would include competencies in;
- Child Protection technical competences; project cycle management; budget development, monitoring and follow up; risk management; administration and financial procedures.
Management and Strategic Competencies (MSC) would include competencies in;
- Project management; staff management; partnership management; project environment analysis; Child Protection programme and project strategy development.
As well as the following specific “professional” competencies:
- Solid understanding and experience of PCM, Theory of Change, project design
- Strong team management and project management skills
- Strong command of report and proposal writing skills in English, including proofreading, and editing of documents
- Strong analytical and conceptual thinking skills; able to understand complex issues and translate them into simple, workable actions and plans
- Coordination, networking, and negotiation skill
Expected Professional & Technical Skills and experience:
Professional Skills and Experience:
- Ability to establish an environment of cooperation and collaboration.
- Self-motivated, with skills to support and counsel others.
- Capacity for rigor and precision, transparency and honesty.
- Results-oriented and problem-solving skills.
- High degree of autonomy, to convert goals into realisations within strict timeframes.
- Able to learn from difficult experiences, capitalize on mistakes and seize opportunities.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical staff for establishing business requirements and converting these requirements into technical specifications.
- Flexibility, availability, and adaptability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken French and/or English.
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Relevant university degree (Engineer or Master degree in ICT).
- Up-to-date and extensive knowledge of technological trends.
- Experience in designing and conducting ICT projects.
- Knowledge and experience of working with or in large international organisations; experience in INGOs or in social enterprises.
- Experience in contributing to projects with team members located in multiple countries.
- Experience in data analysis and visualisation, exposure to AI/ML would be a plus,
- Experience in Migration and Child Protection and mHealth would be a plus.
Recruitment & Remuneration
Tdh offers a competitive package of remuneration, based on the candidates’ experience and credentials. Annual festival bonus & contribution to PF. In addition, Tdh provides Gratuity (as per Indian Gratuity Act), Mediclaim Health Insurance coverage of INR 10,00,000 for Employee & family and Accidental insurance coverage of INR 10,00,000 for the Employee.
How to apply
Interested candidates should apply with a covering letter explaining how his/her skills and experiences match the requirements mentioned above along with an updated CV to email@example.com by the 7th of December 2022. Please mention the text “Application for the position of Regional ICT4D Technical Advisor – Asia” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that as per Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy, one of the references mentioned in the CV needs to be the candidate’s current or immediate past employer. The references will be contacted before offering the job.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please note that Tdh does not reimburse any travel allowance or daily allowance for attending interviews and no relocation cost will be provided by Tdh.
The recruitment and selection procedures of Terre des hommes reflect our commitment to child security and safeguarding.
Note: Tdh provides a safe working environment for all its employees; following the principle of equal opportunity Women, persons living with a disability, SC/ST/religious minorities, people living with HIV AIDS and candidates from the LBGQ community are encouraged to apply.
Job Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 07th December 2022