Purpose of the position: The Regional Ombuds acts as a designated professional to support the National SOS Ombuds in resolving child protection queries at the national level. He/she will have independent responsibility.
The Regional Ombuds will provide advice, guidance and support to the National Ombuds so that they have the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed in their role in accordance with SOS procedures related to child protection. The objective is to promote fairness of process and successful dispute resolution.
The Regional Ombuds serves as a designated professional providing support to National SOS Ombuds in resolving inquiries at the national level. They will have independent accountability. Supports National Ombuds to adhere to the Ombuds principles while:
• Ensuring that SOS procedures and policies are adhered to by the SOS Child Safeguarding Team; looking at the concerns, communication challenges, and find solutions in a timely manner with accurate and helpful information;
• Applying SOS processes and help navigate between SOS and external processes and systems as defined by national legislation and policy, in coordination with SOS national and/or regional CS teams;
• Refering to appropriate SOS departments, local agencies, legal advice, mediation, and/or community resources when appropriate in coordination with SOS national and/or regional CS teams;
• Overseeing fair and equitable treatment
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as law, social work, psychology, sociology, child rights, youth work or psychosocial wellbeing
• At least seven years demonstrated experience as an Ombudsperson (rights defender), or closely related role in child safeguarding or child rights. Experience in management and leadership •Advanced English and Spanish Languages
• Masters, Ph.D, advanced certificate in law or other advanced degree in a relevant area such as law, social work, psychology, sociology, child rights, youth work and psychosocial wellbeing
• More than seven years of demonstrated experience as an Ombudsperson, or a closely related role in child safeguarding or child rights.
• Ability to speak and work in at least two regional languages, French and Portuguese
How to apply
**Please send your resume to:**email@example.com