Start Network has an incredible opportunity for an organisational development practitioner to join our team as Senior Network Development Advisor focusing on infrastructure and design. The role works with our members to explore the future shape of the network including the localisation of functions currently undertaken by Start Network to members in country level hubs.
We’re looking for candidates who are creative thinkers, experienced in working using innovation tools and methodologies. Candidates must have experience rolling out complex organisational or programmatic change, preferably within the humanitarian sector. We’re also looking for individuals with an understanding of global networks, network growth, and models. Candidates must be driven by working in collaboration, which includes forging effective relationships across organisations and cultures, often remotely. Ideally candidates will have a working knowledge in one or more of the Hub languages. We encourage candidates particularly from Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, and Philippines to put in an application if you feel this role is for you!
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Experience of working with experimental approaches using innovation (particularly user-centred design) tools and methodologies
- Experience of rolling out complex organisational or programmatic structures, preferably within the humanitarian sector
- Experience of collaboration, including forging and maintaining effective and strong relationships across organisational boundaries, cultures, and often remotely
- Experience in facilitating a variety of stakeholders to contribute to delivering strategies
- Experience in supporting organisations on change management, organisational development, and innovative programming (desirable)
- Experience in partnership management and coordination
- Working knowledge in one or more of the Hub languages (desirable)
- Understanding of innovative global networks, and network growth models
- Empathy driven team player with an ability to work flexibly and adapt to changing demands, which sometimes requires working out of office hours to collaborate with people across different time zones.
What is Start Network?
Start Network is a global membership of 55 organisations, working across six continents, to tackle what we see as the biggest systemic problems in the global humanitarian system. Start Network is an independent charity. We also work with Save the Children UK, which acts a grant custodian for Start Network.
Start Network’s vision is for a locally led humanitarian system that is accountable to people affected by and at risk of crises. We aim to achieve this vision by making system-level shifts in how humanitarian assistance is approached and delivered.
DECENTRAISLING & LOCALLY-LED ACTION: Shifting power and resources and decentralising decision-making to locally led networks and organisations.
EARLY & RAPID FINANCING: Building a global financing system that reduces risk, anticipates, and acts ahead of predictable crises.
COMMUNITY-LED INNOVATION: Incentivising innovative, locally led, and contextual solutions and learning from them together with people affected by crises.
To devolve and decentralise power within the global humanitarian system, we are working to become a distributed and global network of civil society hubs and members supported by a global platform that fosters connections, alignment of members, and innovation. Hubs are locally led networks of local, national, and international humanitarian actors working together to develop contextualised ways of dealing with humanitarian crises. We currently have five hubs in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Guatemala, India, the Pacific, and Pakistan.
For more information about Start Network and what we do, please visit our website.
How to apply
Applications should be through Be Applied our online recruitment platform which uses anonymised applications and predictive, skill-based assessments which are blind- reviewed to reduce bias.
If you have any questions or need support with your application, please email us using email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 11th December 2022
Applications may be reviewed on an ongoing basis, so please apply early where possible