DT Global is driven by a fundamental commitment to one goal: to work in partnership with communities, governments, and the private sector to deliver innovative, data-driven solutions that transform lives beyond expectations. DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide, and Cardno International Development. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organization, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
Our global team of almost 2,500 staff and experts work in over 100 countries. We aim to maximize sustainable development impact across a wide range of practice areas, including Conflict Prevention, Stabilization & Transition; Economic Growth; Environment & Infrastructure; Governance; and Human Development. We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
Position Overview: DT Global is seeking a Vice President of Finance who will be responsible for supporting DT Global’s global accounting and finance operations, ensuring that each geographic business is operating effectively and with adequate controls. The Vice President will hold global responsibilities and play a key role in guiding the finance and accounting practices of DT Global’s international offices in the US, UK, Spain, and Australia. The Vice President will serve as a member of the executive leadership team (ELT) and report to the CFO of DT Global. The Vice President of Finance will require strong analysis, forecasting and budgeting skills to analyze, challenge and validate a range of financial results which will enable the delivery of insightful commentary on trends in financial and operational performance supporting decision making of the Executive Leadership team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance on finance and accounting operations and practices for DT Global’s US, UK, Spain, and Australia offices.
- Lead the FP&A functions of the global business, including reporting to the board and executive on company performance. Lead the implementation of new reporting systems, including implementation of a global corporate reporting tool to manage actuals, budgets and forecasts.
- Prepare high quality presentations and supporting analysis/insight for senior management.
- Support the consolidation of corporate finances.
- Oversee and coordinate key finance integration tasks between regions in conjunction with regional business leaders, the Chief Strategy Officer and the CFO.
- Drive consistency in data sources and reporting formats across the business.
- Support cash flow planning processes and global treasury functions.
- Manage the preparation of deadline-driven reporting, including managing global monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes to management, lenders, and investors.
- Ensure all entities balance sheet accounts are fully reconciled at a minimum each month, within 30 days following the period close.
- Establish and maintain controls over corporate bank accounts and lines of credit and related reporting, including robust cash forecasting for internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead and ensure submission of reporting requirements with banks and regulators to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Ensure compliance with law and financial regulations including US GAAP.
- Provide training and guidance to new and existing team members both on job-related tasks as well in proper internal controls and efficient business process development or adaptation.
- Enhance our culture of continuous improvement by proactively rationalizing existing and introducing new reporting that aligns to business needs, ways of working and drives objectives.
- Responsible for supporting commercial decision making to drive improved profit performance and returns.
- Actively contribute to process improvement, simplification and cross-skilling across the business.
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration; MBA preferred
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation
- At least 20 years of experience in accounting and finance operations for an international organization or government contractor
- At least 10 years of supervisory experience, including experience managing and leading large teams
- Demonstrated success managing accounting and finance for a firm or business segment of a government contractor with annual revenue of at least $50 million
- Experience supporting accounting and finance for USAID and other international donors
- Experience with US CAS compliance and cost-type government contracts, including both Cost Plus and Fixed Fee type contracts
- Experience with CostPoint and expert Excel skills
- Prior experience recruiting, managing, and developing successful teams at home and overseas
- Demonstrated commitment to supporting and advocating for diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Ability to successfully manage and work as part of teams in cross-cultural environments
- Ability to multitask and work successfully under tight deadlines
- Ability to travel internationally to meet with donors, project teams, and other partners
- Excellent communication, planning and time management skills
- Proactive self-starter
- MBA or master’s degree in accounting or finance
- Strong financial skills and commercial acumen
- Experience operating in a multi-jurisdictional environment.
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.