Organization: Plan International Canada
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
Location: Toronto or Ottawa (limited travel overseas)
Status: (Permanent, full-time)
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries? Are you confident to join a high performing team focused on growing program impact and business development?
Are you passionate about leading the budgeting and financial management for a portfolio of projects aimed at advancing child rights and gender equality across the world? Are you an experienced financial professional with proposal development, contract management and financial management experience? Have you had success with leading a highly driven, results oriented team within a matrix environment? Are you a trusted expert in financial analysis with a collaborative working style and an ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders adding value to organizational excellence and encouraging creative problem solving?
The Vice President, Program Management & Compliance oversees grant management and compliance capabilities primarily, focusing on the delivery of programs in the most remote areas of the world reaching the most marginalized and vulnerable populations. They will bring teams together to operationalize the strategic plan, deliver programs and elevate results.
They will be responsible for maintaining high standards of programmatic and financial compliance of all projects funded by Plan International Canada while ensuring all systems and processes are in place so that grants are well managed in line with the strategy to demonstrate impact. They will bring teams together to operationalize the strategic plan, deliver programs and elevate results.
What does success look like?
- Provide strategic leadership to the Program Management and Compliance teams to achieve team and organizational goals
- Strengthen program delivery: report to donors on time with quality on topics of high priority to Plan International (including children’s education, health especially reproductive and sexual health, safety, protection, participation and successful transition to economically empowered adulthood)
- Lead organizational work planning and budgeting process resulting in a plan that makes the best use of resources and meets organization and strategic goals
- Lead the organization in planning designing and implementation of Localization strategy with country offices, regional and global headquarters.
- Ensure all projects in the portfolio are implemented well, meet the standard of program quality, demonstrate results, follow programmatic and financial compliance as per contractual requirements
- Liaise with Global Headquarters, Country and Sub/Regional Offices to share learning and to ensure programs funded by Plan International Canada are on track and receive needed support
- Ensure best practices in implementation of program in international development are shared and help shape future development goals and implementation of SDGs in reaching those who are left behind
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Ten years of senior level management experience that includes: post-graduate studies in international development, social services, non-profit management, or a related field; field-based experience, grant management and compliance
- Results-oriented leadership capabilities, with an established professional network and proven track record in large scale complex initiatives
- Demonstrated knowledge, expertise, and passion for International Development with a focus on quality program implementation including financial compliance and impact; in particular, an understanding of current trends, opportunities and challenges facing the international development sector
- A track record of success working in large global organizations attracting, developing, coaching and leading high performing management teams growing; navigating a complex matrix environment demonstrating the capacity to adapt and maintain a positive solution-oriented attitude
- Strong understanding of donor requirements and contractual obligations; implementing and reporting on program and financial compliance requirements demonstrating impact
- Demonstrated success in developing and managing budgets of significant size and scope; creating systems for tracking program implementation of a large diverse portfolio and building capacity of global teams
- Strategic and systems mindset; strong analytic abilities to analyze, review and solve problems
How to apply
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, submit your resume and cover letter here by November 27, 2022.
Consistent with our Safeguarding Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Plan International Canada is a hybrid workplace. You will work from the office and from home.
Plan International Canada hires based on merit and is strongly committed to equity and diversity within its community and to providing an inclusive workplace. Plan International Canada especially welcomes applications from Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, women, persons of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
Plan International Canada requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Applicants who receive an employment offer will be required to self-declare they are fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. Plan International Canada has a duty to accommodate those who are unable to get vaccinated due to religious, medical or other protected grounds. For applicants who require an accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan International Canada!