The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees made to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 28 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
This position will sit within the Marketing Technology department. Marketing Technology is responsible for the enterprise supporter management platforms that support the global delivery of private sector resources, as well as the key partnerships, advocacy and influence objectives of the External Relations, Communications and Advocacy departments. These platforms also play an important strategic role in the creation of brand, its awareness and support for fundraising and advocacy goals. The platforms include the Enterprise CRM platform, various donation platforms, the global website and email communications platforms.
Job Overview / Summary (What and Why):
The IRC continues to set and exceed bold fundraising and market expansion goals and the Marketing Technology team is critical to achieving success. This empowered team partners with marketing and communications teams to develop, deploy, test, and improve digital donation and supporter engagement experiences. The Drupal Content Production Admin is a key to ensuring we have a high-functioning global website at Rescue.org.
The ideal candidate is web content savvy with major content management systems (Drupal experience preferred), adept at building multimedia content pages using fixed and flexible templates, and is willing to apply their skills in a variety of ways in a new role supporting a growing, diverse team charged with crafting, maintaining and iterating on a new global, multilingual website experience for the IRC.
- Builds and edits multilingual webpages, consisting of written and multimedia website content delivered by IRC’s editorial teams. Ensures webpages and templates meet consistent quality standards for layout, UX and accessibility.
- Reviews and edits new content for global websites, performing content cleanup tasks such as correcting layout issues, broken links, resizing and cropping images, and ensuring accessibility compliance with alternative text.
- Performs site administration (non-developer) tasks in the Drupal website UI, such as creating new user accounts and vanity URL redirects.
- Files bug reports in IRC’s development task management system (Jira) for any broken functionality or display issues encountered when using the site, in collaboration with IRC’s QA team. Proactively identifies potential areas for improvement to the user experience or editorial UI.
- Regularly runs and tracks reports on website health metrics for Core Web Vitals, SEO, accessibility, broken links and other editorial errors, using systems such as Monsido and Google Search Console. Flags urgent or unusual findings with the website product and development teams.
- Participates in the creation of training materials for site users, supporting the Product, Editorial and QA teams on training, QA and UAT processes as needed for site migration and for future site improvements and features.
- Regularly participates on team standups and in Agile scrum ceremonies during development sprint cycles with Developers, Product Owner and Scrum Master, documenting tasks and providing administrative support where needed.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Website, Product Manager
Position directly supervises: None
Indirect Resources: Collaborates with other staffers on multi-functional development and project teams.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal*:* Participates in Digital Product development initiatives with various groups across the organization, including External Relations; Mass Marketing; Advocacy; IT DevOps, Security and infrastructure; Global/Europe teams; US and International Programs; CRM; HR; Volunteer management and Technical units.
External: May collaborate with external digital vendors and consultants (including software developers, designers).
**Impact of work:**Supports IRC’s ability to generate digital donations in excess of $40 million annually, measure and improve on conversion rates and systems return on investment, and deliver strategic marketing, communications and fundraising initiatives to expand the IRC’s impact, brand awareness and to generate revenue.
Minimum: Associate’s Degree
Preferred: Coursework in website content, web development and design, project management and/or computer/Information Science or equivalent work experience
- Associates-level education
- 1-2 years of working experience producing content and building website pages using a content management system.
- Familiarity with web content, development and design best practices: user experience design, usability, accessibility, and search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Proficient in Web Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Drupal (preferred) or WordPress.
- Basic skills in HTML/CSS.
- Proficient evaluating code and visual design.
- Basic Web Analytics skills, tracking and Web KPIs.
- Project management experience: Knowledge of digital development processes and best practices (Agile, Lean Startup, etc.). Familiarity with key project management tools: Microsoft office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word), and Jira.
- Experience with website A/B testing processes and tools.
- Experience with Search Engine Optimisation and best practices
- Experience with global web accessibility standards
- Experience with front-end and mobile development, including performance optimization.
- Experience with Web QA and cross-browser testing tools and processes.
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM integration.
- Formal project and product management training.
- Personal commitment to IRC’s nonprofit mission.
Licenses or Certifications: None required
Language Skills: Foreign language experience with German, Swedish, Korean, French, Arabic or Spanish a plus.
Working Environment (Optional): Remote
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.